Body shaming

I have been body shamed , not once but many times and I have lost  count of it. I have been body shamed by strangers, friends, close relatives and many even when I was a child. I am not asking for this, I have never asked to be what they would call "a fat person", I did not choose this.   When a person meets me after sometime rather than asking me how I have been, the resolve to ask me ,no thrown it at my face " you are fat, you are over weight, you are a fat person" and i try my best to just not think much about it but I simply can't.  My friends have mocked me telling each other that I have gained weight, even though I am standing in front of them and not even to me, they are discussing this just like they are discussing the weather. These people might have a sort of satisfaction when they immediately find flaws in others. But the person who is hearing this even though they try their hardest ,might not be able to remove it from their mind. It just sticks on to them. If they set up a goal to workout (exercise), they are often caught up in a dilemma "why am i doing this, is it to show them, to prove them or am i doing it for myself?". Those who are reading this , kindly find it in your heart to not make any snide comments about anyone. Kindly help them, encourage them rather than tearing them apart. Body shaming in any way is not good. You need to respect one another.  Thank you.

Comments