Reminder to myself

I have been through the hell and back. I have lost people. I have altered, shrunk myself so that others could feel comfortable. I have been given deadlines to alter myself physically. I am comfortable in the skin I am in. Many times I have looked myself in the mirror to find flaws and faults pointed out and pictured by others. They might be concerned about the way I am, but just take a look at me, am i that worse, am i that worse that you need to think about telling me to be a certain way. It aches me so damn much. They might be concerned, but please know that I am a human too. I get hurt as easily as you get hurt too. But I would never hurt you with my words. I don't want to run around like a crazy headless chicken. I don't want to chase something that is perfect in someone's eyes.  I want to be my perfect self in whatever way that I may be. I'm putting in that extra work and everything, but it's not because they told me or because I want to prove them. I do it because I want to do it. I'm no longer going to shrink myself up for anyone. I'm going to speak out what I think is right.  I don't want anyone's fake love or their small talk, I'm not interested. I am powerful beyond measure, yet I allow them to measure me with their tiny, "a certain way "measures. I'm not letting  them do that again.  I'm not going to let anyone make fun of me or what I do. My words are stronger than anything you have ever experienced.  When I put my pen to paper, words flow like an endless river, a dream that you can't wake up from. 

Comments