A little bit of me

I was never the kind of girl who ever wanted to be in love. And yet Cupid decided to aim his arrow on me and I didn't know what to do. It was the first time that something like that happened to me and I was way young. My so called friends all had their head up  high in the clouds and I kind of made the decision to fall in love. Who in the world ever makes a decision to fall in love? Me, that's who.  Well you get what happens next, I learnt to fall in love. And no one should ever learn to fall in love.
We were the kind of souls who were never supposed to be put together and yet it happened. I always thought that being in love was this magical feeling and you are supposed to be happy. I learned it the hardest way, I changed my perspective on love. I told myself that love was not being happy, it filled with sorrow and dreaded fights from both ends.  You know I was wrong. Even I knew that I was wrong. And yet I kept telling myself this is how being in love meant.
Soon after I went​ to college, I was free from being told what I should and shouldn't do and who I should talk to. It was a new beginning for me and yet it was not so new. And like all things that are not meant to be, it came to an end. And I found the freedom that was mine and it was exhilarating. And the meaning of truly being in love showed up and it came like the calm after the storm and I have never been this happy ever.  And this happiness is mine to keep. I didn't have to learn or take a decision to fall in love. It was as clear as the daylight.

Comments