Tip of the iceberg

Do you ever feel as though you have thick walls on either side of you? Do you feel as though if you ease yourself up, let go and breathe, that the walls might crush you? This is what I feel most of the time. I feel that I cannot breathe freely as much as I want. I am constantly anxious about my surroundings, the way that I look, the way that I walk. I feel as though I have to contain myself.  I cannot show myself too much, what if they don't like me for who I am? I have no idea why I would want to feel this way, but this is what I feel. Each and everyone one of us suffers from some form of anxiety. On the surface, they might look as though everything is fine and everything might actually be fine but this might actually be what they feel. This is hard enough for me to explain and sometimes might actually be hard for the other person to understand. Just know that what you see on the surface is not all that is to that person. Be kind, maybe they might ask for help, maybe they don't need it and maybe all that they need is for someone to just understand that they are going through something that they don't even understand.

Comments