It's been a while since I could say this

I have cried in my trial rooms. I have looked at myself and asked why I looked like this. I have been on diet many times, all the while hating my body. I have body shamed myself and have been by others. In my memory, I have only been proud of my body twice, TWICE. The first time was when I took up swimming lessons. I loved swimming and loved being in the water. I was proud of my body then.  The second time is now. I am comfortable in my own skin. I don't have that constant need to be small and to make myself fit into something that was not made for me to be in. I love my body and to be able to say that is a big thing. Today I went and tried on clothes. Some of the clothes were too small and some too big And what I noticed today is that I didn't cry when something didn't fit me and I didn't say hateful things to my body. Instead, I looked at myself and said that I was proud of myself and my body.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love this!!!! You’re beautiful and now that you understand that yourself, others will begin to see it too; your confidence will radiate. Don’t worry about what other people say.. I’ve recieved similar comments from people who can’t mind their own business. The only person that should be concerned with your appearance is YOU. Hope things start looking better now ❤️ ~ silps