Stepping out of your comfort zone

This past year has truly changed me. I am not saying that I am better or that I am not better. Some days are good and others, well you know it. Let's get back to what we were actually discussing.
Whenever I think of doing something on my own, this paralyzing fear takes control over me and I just sit there feeling angry at myself because I couldn't do something that I wanted to do. I was away from my home for half of 2018 and there was a park near where I lived. I wanted to go there, so I asked my friend if she wanted to join me but she couldn't. So I sat there feeling bored and angry at myself because I was scared or afraid to actually do something as simple as just going out by myself. I thought about going by myself and even the thought of just doing that scared me. So, I decided that I wanted to challenge myself and do something that scares me. I wanted to go out of my comfort zone, literally. I walked out and it felt amazing that I was doing something new.  I learned that I could actually do something without depending on another person and there are so many things outside my comfort zone. It made me more confident. Sometimes just pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone can actually open room for more experience and adventures like taking yourself out and exploring new places.  If you are ever thinking to do something just do it, just do it step by step.

Comments