Validation of some sort

When I was in school, I used to wonder why no one ever fell in love with me. Almost everyone had a crush on one or the other and I was kind of the one who others never fell in love with. I always used to wonder why this happened. Was I not attractive enough(shit, I cannot even believe I thought this), didn't anybody really wanted to know me?Why wasn't I loved by anyone? Why didn't anybody wanted to have a crush on me ? :( (plight of a girl who was just growing up). Maybe many of you had thoughts like that in your mind,when you were growing up.( don't tell me I am the only, I'm trying to be real and raw here). Many years  have passed since then and my ideas and ideals have changed. I have seen many jumping at the sight of somebody telling them they had a crush on them, not really knowing the person.  I think it was a privilege to be loved by someone or that it was validation that you have reached somewhere( even though I don't know where). If I could tell myself what I know now, I would have probably knocked some sense into myself. I was in a way swept by the notion of the masses, that being loved by someone was something that I had to attain and if I wasn't I wasn't cool enough or that I didn't have what everyone had. I was secretly seeking validation. If I had this someone, in my life, I will be validated or that I was enough.

You don't have to be validated to be enough or to be you and you don't generally have to do what the group/mass is doing.I wish I had this knowledge back then or some of my friends had this back then. Alas, you always have to go through something hard to really discover yourself. You don't have to be validated by everyone, because of the simple fact that you are not everyone.

Comments